This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) has been created by Netosoft Company (“Netosoft”).
By using services provided by Netosoft, you agree to comply with this AUP. Netosoft may modify, without prior notice, this AUP as Netosoft deems appropriate and such modified AUP will be effective upon posting on Netosoft’s website. We strongly encourage you to review this AUP periodically or whenever you are contemplating any new activity related to your account with Netosoft.
In this AUP, “Service(s)” refers to any web hosting, email services or similar services that you may have purchased from Netosoft. This AUP is intended to provide you with a set of guidelines you must follow in your use of your account. You are responsible for avoiding the prohibited activities and following the Policy set forth herein. Failure to observe the guidelines set forth in this AUP can result in anything from a warning to a suspension of privileges or termination of your Service. Decisions of Netosoft’s staff are final. Netosoft may refer potential violations of laws to the proper authorities, may cooperate in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil wrong, and will cooperate with authorities when required to do so by law. Netosoft assumes no obligation to inform a member that the member’s information has been provided and, in some cases, may be prohibited by law from giving such notice.
Netosoft will not intentionally monitor private email messages sent or received by our customers, unless required to do so by law or court order. However, we reserve the right to monitor our servers and equipment, which may include your data and information, to ensure that our systems are operating optimally. We will not disclose private customer information unless compelled by law or court order. We will react to notices regarding violations as quickly as practical, given our judgment as to the potential harm and consequences of the alleged violation.
Netosoft is not responsible for the content of user originated traffic. We exercise no direct supervision or control whatsoever over the content of the information passing through our network. We do not assume any responsibility for information not sent or authorized by us. The responsibility for traffic that does not conform to this policy and all possible consequences lie with the sender of the traffic.
By way of example, and not limitation, uses described below are expressly prohibited:
- Deceptive or fraudulent practices.
- Any activity infringing on the intellectual property rights of others, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, patents.
- Actions that restrict or inhibit any Person, whether a customer, Allegiance, or otherwise, in its use or enjoyment of any Allegiance Service.
- Lawful or unlawful, that we deem harmful, offensive, controversial, infamous or other to either the company, its customers, or third-parties, such that we reasonably believe our customers, operations, reputation, goodwill or general customer relations could potentially be negatively impacted.
2) System and Network Security
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, damage, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network. Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Unauthorized access to any data, system, or network from an unauthorized system or network for any purpose which is not lawful or which is intended to do harm.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting. Electronic forging of any kind to include but not limited to IP addresses, domains, business names, etc.
- Excessive CPU, bandwidth or disk space usage has the ability to compromise our shared hosting environment. This is the result of using the system in a manner that encumbers disk space, processors or other system resources beyond the allowances of your specific plan type and to the degree that your usage compromises the hosting accounts of our other customers.
3) Abuse of Email/Spamming
- Use of your electronic mail account to send unsolicited commercial messages.
- Mass electronic messages or “mail-bombing” (sending mass unsolicited mail or deliberately sending very large attachments to one recipient).
- Forging electronic mail headers (addresses).
- Use of electronic mail to harass or intimidate other users.
- Selling software that has as its purpose to facilitate spamming.
- Running programs designed to defeat network inactivity time-outs and maintaining an open SMTP relay.
4) Unauthorized Reselling/Distribution
- Unauthorized Reselling or Providing Access to Account Services such as offering email services and accompanying features for use by individuals outside of the required use on your own account.
- Reselling of CGI/PHP/ASP/JSP scripts or programs installed on the Netosoft’s servers; or providing access codes to individuals not authorized to receive such materials.
- Distribution of Internet Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Denial of Service Attacks, or Other Destructive Activities by sending or distributing malicious code, or information regarding the creation of Internet viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, mail bombing or denial of service attacks, whether you actually intended to send or distribute such malicious code or information.
5) Obscene Speech or Materials
- Using our computer network to advertise, transmit, store, post, display or otherwise make available child pornography or obscene speech or material.
- Using our network as a means to distribute, transmit, or post defamatory, harassing, abusive or threatening language or anything that can be regarded as hate literature.
Let’s make this easy to understand: No site that promotes porn or nudity will be allowed on our servers, this includes banners, clicker sites, editorials, stories, nude photographs, explicit language, sexual fiction, or anything that Netosoft deems inappropriate for our servers. If an existing customer publishes pornographic images, Netosoft will remove your site from our server and all monies paid will be forfeited. Other Illegal Activities where the transmission or storage of any information, data or material is in violation of the Hong Kong Law. Engaging in activities that are determined to be illegal, including advertising, transmitting or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging or collecting credit cards or information, and pirating software. Activities may be deemed illegal according to the laws and jurisdictions of where the activity is generated, as well as according to the jurisdiction of where the activity is directed.
- Secure Password: Your password provides access to your individual account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. You are responsible for any and all access to or use of the Services through your account. Attempting to obtain another user’s account password is strictly prohibited.
- Content Ownership: Customer is responsible for all content or information residing on, obtained or transmitted via the Service.
- Contact information: You must make information publicly available about how to contact you, and you must respond in a timely manner to complaints concerning misuse of the Services obtained from Netosoft. Failure to responsibly manage the use of the Services obtained from Netosoft may be cause for termination of Services to you.
Reporting Network Abuse
- Any party seeking to report any violations Netosoft’s policy may contact via e-mail: abuse (at) netosoft.com